Compressed air is the fourth utility has become a proven statement

compressed air is considered as the 4th utility today after water, electricity and gas. Millions of business around the world use air compressors in their offices and manufacturing units. Air compressors are used by industries even during the manufacturing of other appliances. Compressed air is the air generated with the help of air processors and cleaned and purified with the help of filters and dryer and then stored in a tank like structure from where it is distributed with the help of a pressure control valve. The main crisis in this process is the use of a huge amount of energy during the production of compressed air. Nowadays maintaining compressor has become a big hassle in terms of money and efforts as well. Users always want a tension free compressor which they can use for a longer duration of time. As the compressor gets older its cost of maintenance is raised. So, the compressor manufacturing companies have come up with a number of plans to support people in this maintenance. These plans eventually turn out to be cheaper as compared to traditional maintenance methods. Compressed air fourth utility has gained importance because a survey showed that about 10 per cent of total electricity appliances production energy is used in the manufacturing of air compressors. The compressor production companies are now manufacturing different units for industrial and domestic use as the energy demand of both of them is very different. With the rising crisis in energy supply the effective use and maintenance of compressors is a compulsion.

How to reduce downtime for compressed air

The key to reduced downtime is proper maintenance. About 30 per cent of manufacturers themselves work towards maintenance and perform all minor repairs associated with the compressor. While the remaining 70 per cent performs in association with a service provider who does all the maintenance for the users. These service providers have come up which several packages for planned care of the compressors. These plans are providing you scheduled maintenance which you might forget in general and they provide a complete risk transfer agreement which assures you all kinds of maintenance at a fixed price only throughout the time of your ownership of compressors. The cost of maintenance increases with the age of your asset according to traditional maintenance methods while the package care methods have a fixed minimum rate throughout. The package care involves maintenance of all cost irrespective of whatever happens, all inventory, order management and resource allocation costs. Thus, you can save a lot of money.

How to get started with such planned packages

The service providers first estimate the use of your machine by collecting data for 30 days and then they recommend a package for you where you transfer all associated risk so that you can forget about the compressor and focus on your others deeds.

Thus keeping all these factors into consideration the saying compressed air fourth utility is not quite wrong as the use of compressed air is everywhere.